Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

#49 Pisa "310 Baptisms Last Year"!


Molto Bello Anziano Scheurn!!!!
"The Gilbert AZ Boys"  Bushman and Scheurn!
Anziani Bushman, Scheurn, and Neff
Family!
Alrighty well as much as I hate to say it nothing really really huge has happened the last week, just continuing to put the hand to the plow!
Well of course my favorite thing to talk about FIRST would be!!!!!.. THE WORK!! Alright we will start with progressing investigators! Davide! He is doing absolutely amazing!!! He will be baptized..... We will be announcing his baptism this week, I think in church so thats awesome! It was funny we brought him to our ward mission leaders house to have a great lesson and I will admit with Italians its really really hard to stay focused on the topic because it will all go out of line because the topic can fall off the path so fast! Luckily because me and Anziano Neff were in unity and we had the spirit, everything was okay!! Anyway we taught him the word of wisdom and follow the prophet!! It always makes me pretty nervous when we talk to Italians about the word of wisdom because it really is a big problem here in Italy! I had been praying forever to my Heavenly Father to let Davide's heart be opened up and receptive to keeping this commandment! But anyway we taught him and he said well yeah I don't smoke I don't drink but..... COFFEE!! We were like yes the lord has commanded us and promised us blessing! In D&C 89! Anyway he chose to accept it because he knew that Joseph Smith was a prophet and God commanded! He is so great!!!!! We picked up the family Mendonza again they told us they watched the Joseph Smith movie last week and they loved it!!!!! So thats pretty sweet! We will be teaching them tomorrow and we will set a baptismal date with them i'm pretty confident! Hmm other then that we have a lot of potentials that we are still trying to contact. The work in Pisa is a little tough right now but hey thats all good!! We are trying out best and we are being blessed because Davide is just so elect!!!
Alright well its funny Sorella Sarti is a little sad because she knows that I will be leaving next transfer and she is not to fond of that. By the way I gave some people your email so they said they want write you. Its sad there is a member named Emanuel and he is leaving to Canada to live there for the rest of his life because of the economy in Italy right now|! Then Lin will be leaving only for a couple months for vacation and so Sorella Sarti knows us three our leaving and we are going to have a big dinner at her house before we will leave! That will be cool! It will be so hard to leave Lin but I told him I will go through the Temple with him and as well as he will come to my wedding someday so that will be cool! The members here in Pisa are so great mom! They are all just so great at times its hard because some of them are a little prideful but.. thats ok I cant talk because i'm no where near perfect but we all just need to try our best to better ourselves!
So I will tell a pretty funny story real quick! So anyway me and Anz Neff we were doing strada! We decided to stop this one girl who looked well let me just say a little crazy she was walking her little chihuahua dog. So we stopped her and continued to talk to her. we explained we had a wonderful message to present to her about love and God! She said, kind of in a rude voice, are you guys vegetarians!! We were like no... and she said well then, you can't go and present a message about love if you eat poor innocent animals! We were like what.....! So she started to YELL at us and told us to look in Genesis where it supposedly says not to, which it doesn't! and she was just YELLING!!! I felt good because we were just like we don't want to argue, and she was like look at my dog... DO YOU WANT TO EAT IT!!!!!! It was funny! Good times!!
So mom thats so cool to hear the conversion story about dad! Man it just grows my testimony so much to know how much dad is a boss and seriously my hero! I will be the one to say it! You and dad are so great and just the best examples in my life on how I can follow the Savior! This gospel is just so essential and we need it so much in our lives! Thank you so much for that story of dad! Mom don't worry, I know i'm going to do my best when I come home for my mission! The Lord is just shaping me and molding me into this man that I never even thought I would be!!! Its fantastic! I received the letter invitation in the mail for Walker and Melanie they look so great! Walker is a stud!!!! Just doing awesome it seems like! He will be a good pops!
Anyway we are kind of in a rush limit so this letter will be just a tad bit shorter but, I love you all so so so so much and thank you mom for everything that you are doing for me, and I mean everything!!!  O and it was cool president said something awesome at zone conference I thought I would share real quick!!
He was talking about prayer and it was cool because, he asked you know.... how can we be so content when we come home and you are saying your prayers at night knowing that we have given it our all that day...... to finding people and bring them unto Christ! and he said..... you know I got to think that Heavenly Father is so pleased and happy and feels so good for you when you come home and fall a sleep in your prayers because HE knows that you have given it your all!! I thought that was just so awesome to hear! He is so inspired and just a boss!!! I love him so much his words and meetings are just our of this world amazing!!!! I learn so much!!! I don't even know what to do! O and last year the mission had 310 baptisms for the year which is a record!! COOL!!! Anyway I love you so so so so so so much!!!!!
Love Anziano N. Rhett Scheurn

No comments:

Post a Comment