Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"Cara Anziano Scheurn"


I have a hard time finding the time to write on my blog...So the thought of trying to keep up on another blog did not even come to my mind...Until Posey talked me into keeping a blog for Rhett so when he gets home we will have a book to give him! So with the help from Posey, Rhett's older sister here we go! Posey promised to help with this blog as well so between us we will do our best to keep a update of Anziano Scheurn!
First let me tell you what Anziano means so you don't make the same mistake as I did! I thought people were weird for naming their son Anziano until I found out that Anziano means Elder in Italian!
Anziano Scheurn left for the Mission Training Center December 15,2010! So that means we did not get to talk to him on Christmas! But the positive thing about when he left was... I remember when Joe and Walker left on their missions I kept thinking I have two Christmas's to go before they come home and...That seemed so long for me! So Rhett already has one Christmas down! WOO=HOO!
Rhett"s companions name is Anziano Smith and Rhett has been so blessed to serve with him! He is fluent in Spanish and also speaks Arabic! So he has caught on to the Italian Language quickly and I know he has helped Rhett a lot! His other two companions in his room is Anziano Wilkey from England and Anziano Portalano from France! Rhett LOVES all of these young men! Anziano Smith plays the piano well so he plays and the other Anzianos sing!
I am so thankful for Rhett's willingness to serve his Heavenly Father full time for two years! We are thankful for the spirit that abides in our home that comes when you have a missionary in the field! It is not something you can touch but... The way I describe it is you are constantly praying for Rhett and there for it seems as though you are in constant communication with your Heavenly Father SO... You feel the spirit all the time!
Last Wednwsday 28 new Italian Missionaries arrived at the MTC! In six week there will be 46 new Italian Missionaries reporting to the MTC! Now from Tamy Scheurn Chapter 6 verse 4... I think that many missionaries are being called their due to the new Rome Temple!
I have had so many people ask me why aren't you sad or they will say it seems like you don't miss him that much! The answer to that is how can I be sad when he is going to have the time of his life, he will learn a new language. and he will learn things and grow in ways no school in the world could teach him! I can't watch him as well as his Heavenly Father can watch him so with FAITH I say CIAO to him! I have Rhett for Eternity so two years is nothing compared to the Eternity!
Rhett LOVES the MTC and he has said it has flown by so fast He will leave for Italy on February 22, 2011!
I have to say I had some concerns about Rhett being home sick. He is a anxious kind of a kid and he is the baby of the family so with those two things I was worried he might have a few rough weeks at the MTC. But I can honestly tell you we have not had one negative letter and I have already seen such growth and happiness in the few months he has been gone! He said the language is coming but Rhett's companion said that Rhett was speaking Italian very well!
I have loved sending boxes and letters and getting letters from him! You can just feel the joy in his letters!
Tom and I are so proud of Anziano Scheurn and will continue to pray for his success and happiness!
Keep up the hard work and enjoy ever minute you have for the next two years and... Sprint to the end! This is a chance of a life time, continue to be obedient! Continue to rely on your Savior as you have told me several time!
Anziano...Tu famiglia amore tu! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment